At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With 10 million monthly unique visitors, our multi-modal travel search and ticket booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
A key component of our company philosophy is providing 24-hour outstanding customer service, and as such Rome2rio is looking for an experienced Customer Experience Manager to manage and drive our Customer Support function forwards.
Based in Melbourne, this a full-time Monday to Friday role with the possibility of occasional weekend hours.
If you want to work in a fun dynamic team, have relevant Customer Support experience and want to influence the future of online travel, then this is the perfect opening for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Going above and beyond to help our customers, which means managing the helpdesk and being the central escalation point for all customer feedback, booking enquiries, refunds and global customer support team queries
- Continually striving to deliver a first-class customer booking experience by collaborating with the Development Team to research, test and refine all new product integrations before launch. This involves reviewing operator details, fare categories, passenger types, ticket collection methods and user feedback.
- Developing a broad knowledge of the Rome2rio product and partner related transport policies/processes to effectively manage customer booking issues and prioritise features/bugs with the Development Team
- Building relationships with 3rd party suppliers for future planning, mitigation strategies, escalating issues and feature prioritisation
- Providing 24-hour customer support by managing, recruiting and training a growing customer support team located around the world
- Diversifying Rome2rio’s customer support channels to manage increased ticket volumes in a sustainable manner by evaluating and implementing emerging helpdesk technologies
- Proactively encouraging customers to self-serve by initiating and maintaining online Help support documentation that’s aligned with the latest product updates
- Continually looking for ways to reduce customer query volumes and response times by reviewing and acting upon common trends in collaboration with the Customer Support Specialist and Development Team
- Monitoring metrics and producing regular reports on customer trends
- Maintaining our exceptionally high customer service record
Who we’re looking for:
Ideally you’ll have previously managed a customer support team and have experience of helpdesk ticketing systems such as Freshdesk, Zendesk or similar. You’re comfortable in the digital environment and curious about emerging technologies such as AI.
You’re a natural communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills who genuinely enjoys going that extra mile to keep customers happy. It’s important you understand the unpredictable nature of travel and can empathise with customer needs.
Your approach to problem-solving is instinctive and you’re always looking for opportunities to improve the online customer experience. You’re well organised, have a sound attention to detail and can keep calm in a crisis.
Experience within the travel industry is a plus but not essential.
You must be based in Melbourne so you can collaborate directly with the team.
To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have full Australian working rights.
Pay and Perks
Expected pay is between $70,000 and $80,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience. Rome2rio also offers a suite of benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and easy access to nearby restaurants, cafes, bars and the train station.
Interested? Click here to apply for this role!
Within your application, we’d love for you to tell us a story from your career about your own customer support philosophy, with an example of how you made a positive difference to a customer.