At Rome2rio we’re busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. With 10 million unique monthly visitors, our multi-modal travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel resources used around the world.
A key component of our company philosophy is providing 24-hour outstanding customer service, and as such Rome2rio is now looking for an experienced Customer Support Specialist to join our friendly team of travel experts and maintain our exceptionally high customer service record.
Based in Melbourne, this a full-time Monday to Friday role with the possibility of occasional weekend hours. This role reports into the Customer Experience Manager.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and dynamic team where you can influence the future of online travel.
What you’ll be doing
- Going above and beyond to help our customers, which means responding swiftly and empathetically to general feedback, booking enquiries and reviews via the helpdesk, social media and app stores
- Developing a broad knowledge of the Rome2rio product and related transport partner policies/processes to effectively troubleshoot customer issues and report bugs/feature ideas to the relevant teams
- Resolving escalated booking cancellations and refunds in a timely manner, as requested by customers, using internal /external systems and processes.
- Assisting Rome2rio’s growing remote customer support team with general enquiries and creating training material to teach them about new support features and product enhancements
- Making it easier for our customers to find the information they need by identifying and updating gaps in our Help pages
- Continually looking for ways to reduce customer query volumes and response times by reviewing and acting upon common trends in collaboration with the Customer Experience Manager and Development Team
- Maintaining our exceptionally high customer service record
Who we’re looking for
You’re a natural communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills who genuinely enjoys going that extra mile to keep customers happy. It’s important you understand the unpredictable nature of travel and can empathise with customer needs.
Your approach to problem-solving is instinctive and you’re always looking for opportunities to improve the online customer experience. You’re well organised, have sound attention to detail and can keep calm in a crisis.
Ideally you will be tech-savvy, comfortable in the digital environment, independent and have worked in a related customer support role with experience using helpdesk ticketing systems such as Freshdesk, Zendesk or similar.
Experience within the travel industry is a plus but not essential. You must be based in Melbourne so you can collaborate directly with the team. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have full Australian working rights.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry and driving to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team brings experience from companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Viator, BBC Travel, Lonely Planet and Intrepid Travel.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved leadership team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
Expected pay is between $55,000 and $65,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience. Rome2rio also offers a suite of benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and easy access to nearby restaurants, cafes, bars and the train station.
Interested? Click here to apply for this role!
Within your application, we’d love for you to tell us a story from your career about your own customer support philosophy, with an example of how you made a positive difference to a customer.