Rome2rio makes travel planning easy. We are a door-to-door travel search and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel planning tools used around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to join our growing team in Melbourne. We have a range of challenging projects which you may tackle depending on your skills and interests.
For example, you might:
- Work on improving the core user experience of Rome2rio on desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- Develop new interfaces for selling rail, bus & flight tickets
- Develop an interface for user accounts, bookings, history, saving and sharing itineraries
- Help design and build a better mobile website for our 5 million monthly mobile visitors
- A/B test site changes and use Google Analytics and user testing to improve the site design and functionality
Check out our company blog for an idea of what we are busy working on.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer who enjoys building high performance, user-friendly interfaces. The ability to thrive independently and a “get stuff done” attitude is important to us. You must be able to dive into existing code and be productive in a team environment.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in React/Redux
- Cross browser and cross-platform knowledge
- Ability to build high performance, reusable UI components and systems
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- An understanding of Agile methods and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Based in Melbourne, Australia
- Experience working with and maintaining large codebases
- A passion for creating beautiful interfaces and engaging user experiences
You must be based in Melbourne.
Rome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team of 33 bring experience from companies such as Microsoft, Viator, Etsy, Google, Amazon, Hubspot, Lonely Planet, American Express, Intrepid Travel and 99 Designs.
Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
We really value our engineers and aim to offer competitive salaries. We typically pay roughly between $70,000 and $120,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience.
Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Our team is based in a fun, creative and social loft-style warehouse in Richmond with table tennis and pool tables, plenty of break areas and access to nearby restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Interested? Click here to apply for this role!